The five elements in Ayurveda
The 5 Elements
In Ayurveda the ﬁve elements are philosophical concepts rather than elements in the scientiﬁc sense of the word. They are the basic principles of the universe and as such the primary components of all living things.
The 5 Elements in Ayurveda are:
- Earth, the principle of inertia
- Water, the principle of cohesion
- Fire, the principle of radiance
- Wind, the principle of vibration
- Ether, the principle of pervasiveness
Those elements can be assigned to different regions in the body and connected to one of the ﬁve senses. Each two of them manifest in a Dosha.